Profile of Dr. T.P. Trivedi, Founder Chairman, Sopaan Foundation for Development
Dr. Thakur Prasad Trivedi
Govt. of India, Ministry of Agriculture, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Former Project Director & Assist. Director General
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi
Principal Scientist ,ICAR
Professor of Agricultural Entomology
Haramaya University, Ethiopia, Africa
Directorate of Knowledge Management in Agriculture
Indian Council of Agricultural Research
New Delhi 110001 India
Sanmati Kunj, Plot 19A, Sector 6, DWARKA, New Delhi - 110075 India
Ph: 01125084833, Mobile: +919582898985, +919810668622
E mail: email@example.com
Date of Birth: 1st June 1950
- Ph.D. Agricultural Entomology from University of Agriculture Sciences, Bangalore in 1989
- M.Sc. (Agriculture.) Entomology from U.P. Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Kanpur, U.P. in 1972
- B.Sc. (Agriculture) from U.P. Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Kanpur, U.P. in 1970
Mobilizing resources for further strengthening of learning, programmes, innovation in agriculture, basic research and linking farmers with the university.
- Project Director & Assist. Director General from 2007 to 2012 in Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, India. Main responsibilities include Knowledge Sharing in Agriculture
- Professor of Agricultural Entomology Haramaya University ,Ethiopia ,Africa
- Principal Scientist in Agricultural Entomology from 1998 to 2007 in Research and Development in Pest Management at National Centre for Integrated Pest Management, New Delhi, India
- Senior Scientist (Entomology) from 1995 to 1999 in Research and Development in Pest Management at National Centre for Integrated Pest Management, New Delhi, India
- Senior Scientist (Entomology) from 1986 to 1995 at Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla, India
- Scientist (Entomology) from 1976 to 1985 at Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla, India
- Senior Entomological Assistant from 1974 to 1975 at U.P. Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Kanpur, India
- Junior Research Fellow (Entomology) from 1972 to 1974 at U.P. Institute of Agricultural
- Advisor for Ph.D.: One candidate
- Expert for selection of Assist. Professor, Professor, Scientist, Assist Director: Six Universities ,ASRB, Union Public Service Commission
- Post Graduate Examiner: 12 Universities
- Publications: 165 including 5 books
- Advance Training in Indonesia: Japan International Cooperation Agency – Organized Surveillance and Forecasting of Pests
- Professional Carrier: 40 years (35 years as a Scientist and over 5 years Administration as Project Director and Assistant Director General)
- Foreign Visits: Thailand, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Indonesia, and Ethiopia.
- Presentations and participations in National and international conferences – over 100.
Member of the Committees:
- SAARC Technical Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
- ICAR-CABI Work Review Committee
- Governing Body of Education and Research Network ERNET, Ministry of Communication, Government of India.
- Expert Editor/Reviewer for SAARC Agriculture Journal
- Member of CAPART, Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India.
- Member Secretary Sub-Committee on Agriculture, National Knowledge Network, Ministry of IT Govt. of India.
- Member secretary: Quinquennial Review Team. 1995 to 2000 and 2001 to 2005. National Centre for Integrated Pest Management ICAR, New Delhi
- Member Secretary: Research Advisory Commiittee, Three terms 1995 to 2005 National Centre for IPM, ICAR
- Member Secretary, Institute Research Council, National Centre on IPM ,ICAR Scientist Incharge: Techanical Coordination 1995-2007
- Head, Environment ,National Centre for IPM New Delhi from 1995 to 2007
- Head, Nucleus Seed Production Station, Fagu, Shimla Hills from 1989 to 1995
- Member, Committee on use of Remote Sensing Services for detection of pest and diseases, Ministry of Agriculture ,Govt. of India .
- Member, Committee on Assessment of Losses due to caterpillar in soyabean in Madhya Pradesh
Places of Posting: 1972 to 2013
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, Ranchi, Jharkhand, Pune, Mahrastra, Patna, Bihar, Bangalore, Karnatka, Simla, HP and Delhi.
Major Research Projects Implemented
National Agricultural Technology Project and National Agricultural Innovation Project (World Bank Funded)
- Validation and Promotion of Integrated Pest Management in Crops.
- Development of Forewarning System for Pest and Diseases in five crops.
- Mobilizing Mass Media support for Sharing Agricultural Information.
- E-publishing and Knowledge Systems in Agriculture.
Trainings Received - Ten
Trainings Organised –
Training organized on biological control for 160 scientists in collaboration with National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Insects Bangalore.
Training programmes organized for 100 scientists on communication in collaboration with IIM, Lucknow and IIMC Delhi.
Workshop organized –Eight
Delhi, Bangalore, BHU Varanasi, Lucknow, Jaipur, Ludhiana
Participation in Conferences -115